Thursday, April 13, 2006

New Sketchbook Marker Drawings!






Like I said in a previous post, I've been drawing in my sketchbook like a mad man. I don't know where this is all coming from or what's inspiring me do draw this much, especially in a time like this when i should probably be working on other stuff. I guess I just need a release from everything going on right now, like trying to find a job and getting thesis ready. This style is fun and it allows me to design as well as draw and I'm enjoying myself. Anyways I hope you guys like these and drop a line if you feel like it.

18 comments:

Miras said...

Mmmmmm!
Nice job.
I want those markers too! ;-)

Edward Kinsella III said...

those girls are hot. nice drawings buddy!

Pat Pakula said...

nice stuff dood.

z0mbi said...

Awesome stuff, the girls are great, and what a wonderfully freaky take on the TMNT's.

Carlos V. said...

Thanks everyone. Glad you guys liked!!

Andy Wiesbrock said...

Your Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles rock!!!!

rebound said...

sweet ninja turtles bro...you definately know how to paint!...and your colour palet is superb!

Sarah and Ryan said...

I love the raph one. He was always my fave:)

DW said...

Everything here is great! I like them a lot.

Unknown said...

beautiful illos, love the style!!

Carlos V. said...

Thanks again everyone, really glad youre digging these!

Plantmonster said...

i am diggin these C-los! Are you diggin' that ciggy i gave you!

Carlos V. said...

Thanks Chris, Kirsten grabbed it and broke it in half. I was pissed!!

Rey de las Cabras said...

These look awesome..can I ask what type of markers you are using? Prisma, Copic, Tria ?

Carlos V. said...

Thanks MW! The pens are Faber-Castell-PITT artist pens. The have a great point that holds and they allow for a nice thin and thick line quality.

bazooka radio said...

Dag man, the babes are smokin and the Turtles are lean an greeen. Nicely done.

I'm super keen on the squiggle backgrounds.

Urban Barbarian said...

Great illustrations, Carlos!

Elizabeth Baddeley said...

ha ha! the transition from the bikini girls to the turtles is absolutly hilarious!