Wednesday, September 30, 2009

WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE

FInalWTWTA-B&W

sketchbook-jam

This is for our recent theme for the sketch-o-rama blog.

With my "final" piece I wanted to go for more of a children's book feel. I also wanted to add some type that would complement the illustration and I knew I wanted it to be somewhat decorative. I've been messing around with type lately and successful or not, I've been enjoying myself. I wanted to go for a foresty look for this one, let me know what you guys think, might still need some tweaks. I will add color to this and post it in the near future so keep on the look out!

The other image is just a compilation from my sketchbook to show you guys what a spaz I am! I enjoy exploring my ideas and a new one constantly pops into my head sometimes in the middle of drawing some other idea/concept. This can sometimes frustrate me because it impedes my ability to take anything to finish, anything that I am not getting paid for at least !


I would love to hear your guys thoughts on this subject, how good are you guys to committing to an idea. I got a feeling a lot of people out there are like me and love to explore things, come on guys help me out here, I feel like a freak sometimes=)

4 comments:

michael robertson said...

man carlos, can you draw! you probably jump from idea to idea cause you have so many good ones.

Jared Fiorino said...

Wow man! Haven't stopped by the blog in a while. Nice makeover. The top sketch is very nice. I also like the piece you did of Trap Jaw a while back. Everything is looking superb, as usual.

Tom Jones said...

Just visited your blog for the first time - some really nice work on here! Particularly like The U!

Erik Jones said...

these are great man!